So another aspiration of mine is to be a YouTube Sensation!
I personally get a hoot and holler out of making these videos, and some of my friends, fans and followers do too! A few months ago, It came to my attention that most people do not know about Jicama ! A beloved vegetable to me. Therefore I created 2 videos about How to Jicama ! I just stumbled across a fabulous recipe i’d like to try out for Part 3 of the video session….
This root vegetable has a crispness that brings an entirely new texture and feel to fries for almost half the calories and carbs of potatoes. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Appropriate for: clean, gluten-free, high-fiber, low-carb, low-sugar, paleo, vegan, vegetarian diets
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into medium-sized fries*
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat coconut oil in an heat-proof glass bowl in the microwave or in oven.
3. Combine pepper, salt, chipotle powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl or shaker.
4. Toss jicama fries in warm coconut oil to coat, and sprinkle on seasonings as you go.
5. Place a cooling rack on a sheet pan and spread fries on it evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve at once.